Nigel Wright are delighted to be working once again with the Northern Education Trust, a large academy trust consisting of 20 schools in the North of England.
The Trust are looking for a Senior Finance Officer, based at their North Shore Academy site. This is a full-time role (37 hours per week) and full-year role (not term time only). Staff are encouraged to take leave where possible out of term time. Key aspects of the role are detailed below.
- Responsibility for managing a team of finance assistants who will all have a number of schools assigned to them.
- Liaising with the schools around accounts receivable, maintaining records and ensuring the debtor is kept up to date and on track
- Supervising cash receipts and reconciliations.
- Supporting assistants with any queries or disputes and formulating action plans
- Supporting the finance manager with tasks such as corporate payments and month/year end
The Trust is looking for a candidate who wants to develop their skills, and is ideal for someone studying a finance qualification to take their next step. Some key aspects are detailed below.
- Candidates must hold, or be working towards, a relevant finance qualification, such as AAT/CIPFA.
- Candidates must have experience in managing or supervising others, or be able to demonstrate leadership qualities in this manner
- Candidates must have experience of statutory returns, such as to HMRC and other external agencies
- Candidates must have examples of where they have worked with creditor & debtor payments and have resolved disputes.
- Candidates will be expected to be able to travel to schools ran by the Trust.
The successful candidate will undergo standard school checks, including an enhanced DBS.