We are delighted to be supporting Mental Health Concern in this exciting search for a talented HR generalist (experienced HR Advisor or HR Business Partner) to join their great, friendly team as People Business Partner. This is a full time role that can be worked flexibly in a completely hybrid way with with time in the Head Office at Seaton Delaval, North Tyneside as and when required.
The People Business Partner (HR Business Partner) will have responsibility for all People Partner activity within your service area and will partner closely with Managers and Execuitives across the organisation. You will build strong relationships and provide advice and guidance to ensure excellent, evidence-based people practices are applied whilst driving employee engagement and people capability throughout the organisation.
This is a key appointment for the organisation and will see the successful applicant take up a vital post within the organisation as they seek to grow and develop our services areas and as they strive to continuously improve their HR offer.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Wider HR and service improvement projects include:
- Using proactive commercial and data-driven solutions with management teams on people issues which include
- employee relations and engagement
- performance management and appraisal
- pay and reward
- organisational change and development (TUPE and consultation)
- leadership and managerial development
- engagement, ED&I, and health & wellbeing and staff network development
- Building strong relationships with Managers and Staff, supporting Managers with workforce development and planning and ensuring delivery of the Group’s overall workforce plan
- Developing managers and organisational capability, specifically coaching and up-skilling managers coaching on people management issues, supporting the Senior HR Business Partner and Head of Learning and Organisational Development to build and mature our organisational approaches
- Monitoring and analysing regularly People performance information and recommending the necessary people solutions/ intervention to address issues identified on establishment
- Working closely with Talent, Learning and Organisational Development, and Operational People Team to articulate the HR needs of the service areas with support on job evaluation, evaluation of learning outcomes, and the improvement of processes and systems
What we are looking for;
We would love to hear from you if you possess the following:
- Have experience in a similar position and are able to demonstrate a passion for HR and delivering innovative people-solutions
- Are qualified to CIPD Level 5 or have demonstrable experience in HR generalist roles
- Can demonstrate a hands-on, flexible and creative approach to facilitate both transactional activities and transformative organisational change projects
- Are self-motivated, with the ability to make decisions and use own initiative
- Excellent IT, reporting and interpersonal skills, with the confidence and credibility to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and managers
About Mental Health Concern;
Mental Health Concern are a national organisation, currently consisting of approximately 1000 staff members across various services in the UK. They recognise the importance of building strong professional relationships with managers and colleagues, so their service areas are split and assigned between People Business Partner to enable rapport to be built. However, you will still work very closely with your fellow HR Business Partner, supporting each other and working together to support the wider People team under the support, coaching and guidance of the Senior HR Business Partner.
What they offer in return;
They are proud to have been recognised and certified as a Great Place to Work, which speaks volumes on how much they value their staff members. In return for the hard work and dedication from their teams, they offer the following benefits:
- 30 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (rising to 32 days at 5 years’ service) and with the option to purchase or sell days.
- Enhanced Pension
- Refer a Friend payment, Cycle to Work & Enhanced Car schemes
- Vitality Wellbeing Programme including Employee Assistant Programme, GP & priority Physiotherapy access and shopping discounts.
- Fully funded flu vaccines & eye tests
- Technology salary sacrifice scheme for home appliances, tablets, mobiles, TV’s, fitness trackers and more.
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance including agile working and the option to apply for flexible working from day one, career breaks, and up to a week’s special leave a year to help you manage unexpected life events.
- Family friendly policies including Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
- Volunteer Programme
- Enhanced Life Assurance Scheme
Nigel Wright's HR Team;
Closing date for applications 3rd July 2022
For more information about this role or to discuss your future career aspirations, please contact an experienced member of Nigel Wright's HR recruitment team.
Sue O'Donovan - HR leadership roles across the UK - 07843329390 email@example.com
Shona Thom - HR & talent leadership roles across the North East & Yorkshire - 07714133485 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jade Cook - HR & talent roles across Teesside, County Durham and North Yorkshire - 07918728991 email@example.com
Jennifer Stonehouse - HR & talent roles across Newcastle, Northumberland and Sunderland - 07706333703 firstname.lastname@example.org