Nigel Wright is pleased to be working with McBride to recruit a Regional Sales Manager for their Unit Dosing Division. The role of the sales manager is to lead the sales team for the area in the development, implementation and execution of a robust, customer business plan aligned to the Unit Dose Division and region strategy, focusing primarily on improving profitability in a high share of available market environment whilst pursuing appropriate profitable business growth with our key partnership customers.
The business values a collaborative approach, therefore this role requires the ability to develop a culture of excellence encouraging all team members to influence and drive results.
- Leading a team of 4 direct reports. Covering the UK sales and Marketing team
- Provide the strategic direction for the area sales team to fully meet the region agreed long term plans.
- Lead the sales team to develop, articulate and deliver compelling tailored account business plans that are aligned to division strategy.
- Delivery of budgeted customer Volume, NSV, and CGP for the Financial Year for relevant Customer/s
- Evaluate on a monthly basis results vs. budget turnover, volume turnover and profit targets. Prepare contingency strategies to bridge gaps and recover any shortfalls.
- Be the acknowledged market and customer expert within the area.
- Develop and sustain good working relationships with senior managers in our leading customers to represent the division in top to top relationships with customers.
- Identify and deliver the resource/budget requirements for the function to ensure it fully meets the needs of the business unit’s local strategy.
- Develop talent, empower & mentor colleagues within the team to identify their training needs and provide the required support for personal development, in line with the regional strategy.
- Influence the direction of customer facing continuous improvement programs across supply chain, development and technical.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following experience:
- Graduate Calibre
- 2:1 in Business Related Discipline (Desirable)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience at a senior level in a commercial leadership role
- Account management experience of a Major European Retailer
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in team leadership & development
- Experience of selling Private Label / Value Brands (desirable)
- Experience of working with or in manufacturing, supply chain, marketing or purchasing. (desirable)
- Retailer ways of working and systems knowledge (desirable)
- Experience of strategy formation and ability to lead strategic business projects (desirable)
McBride are the leading European manufacturer and supplier of Private Label and Contract Manufactured products for the domestic Household and professional cleaning and hygiene markets. Operating internationally, they have 5 business units which are made up of Liquids, Unit Dosing, Powders & Aerosols, plus their Asia Pacific business that produces a range of personal care products for their consumers.
At a glance:
- One billion products sold every year
- 49 of Europe’s top 50 grocery retailers supplied
- 99% of their packaging is recyclable
- 18 offices across 12 countries
- 850 – the number of times their products are used per second of every day
- 3400 employees globally