Nigel Wright's Supply Chain and Procurement Team has been appointed exclusively by a Sika AG to recruit a Senior Buyer into their multi-site Procurement Team.
Sika AG, a CHF 9 billion turnover p.a. Swiss Market Index (SMI) listed company, is a globally active speciality chemicals company offering a comprehensive range of products including waterproofing systems, sealing, bonding and speciality mortars etc. across many construction and -associated sectors.
Sika employs over 1,000 people in the UK across 6 sites. We are a rapidly growing business both organically and via acquisition, providing extensive opportunities to the right candidate.
This is an excellent opportunity for a strategically minded professional to join a dynamic Procurement Department undergoing a transformative period of change. As part of the wider team and reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will be given continuous support and autonomy to aid your growth and development.
The Senior Buyer role is 80% home-based and will require you to manage your categories and supplier visits accordingly, maintaining close relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Key remit includes:
• Part of a team managing directs and indirect Procurement activity across the UK
• Supplier performance management - contract negotiation and leading review meetings
• Representing Procurement cross functionally and leading regular Project meetings with Operations/Production/R&D
• New sourcing/market research is a key area of focus - focus on risk mitigation and cost reduction
The successful candidate will have/be:
• Proven Procurement track record (manufacturing/engineering sector-based advantageous but not essential)
• Project management/leadership experience beneficial
• Commercially astute, accomplished communicator – resilient and confident in influencing and building relationships with key stakeholders
• Strong negotiation and supplier performance management skills
• Collaborative team player
• Self-motivated, proactive and assertive – capable of driving projects forward independently
• Agile – able to commit and deliver in a dynamic, pressured environment